Friday, January 29, 2010

Fun With Party Hats

One of the great things about having kids around is that they don't know the rules or the script about how things are "supposed" to be. Isaac figured those party hats were more like a dinosaur costume. He wouldn't stop untill he was wearing them all.
This photo is from New Years Eve. We had our own little family party. All but the baby made it till midnight and it felt good ringing in the New Year together. Actually, even baby Eve got a quick new years kiss from us all at midnight. She looked about blearily and then went back to sleep.
Eli had a bit of a temper tantrum when I tried to make him go outside and look at the fireworks. "These fireworks are pretty and you WILL look at them and you WILL bang pots and pans and you WILL have fun even though it is FOUR HOURS past your bedtime." OK, so parents can be a little unreasonable sometimes. Ahhh, memories!

2 comments:

haley said...

I've missed seeing your cute family on your blog! Good to see you up and running again. Also...I seem to remember that Eli had a hard time learning to sleep when he was a baby. Mitch is having a rough time. Can I ask what you did to help Eli sleep through the night?

Jilly Bean said...

What a clever guy! You guys are so much fun!