This is a photo of our family on Dillon's side. It is such a wonderful group. Dillon's parents, who we call Lola and Papa, completely spoil us all. Can you believe that they take the boys almost once a week to spend the day with them and usually keep them overnight? And then when we come to get them, we eat a wonderful dinner. I have come to rely on that break from childcare and cooking. And of course the boys are showered with gifts and treats. Eli cannot leave Lola's house without a "goody bag." But most of all, they spend time with and love my kids. I think about the positive impact my grandparents have had on my life and I thank God that my children are likewise blessed. With Lola and Papa, Grandma and Grandpa Conway, Grandpa Burn and Grandma Carol, my kids are surrounded by love. This is why we moved back to Washington, so that we can enjoy the blessings of family.
Dillon also has four awesome brothers. Dowell is like a kid and baby magnet. I think he must have stumbled onto some kind of kid cologne, they just love him. Derrick is always up for a wrestling/tickle match. He is always ready to play and have fun. Drake is most famous for his cool gadgets. They boys can't get enough of his laughing and whistling ipod.
Of course we can't forget Rekha; I am so grateful for her. I love having her as a sister-in-law. She always has good tips for me and she always makes family a priority. She sets a great example. She and Drake have two boys. Alex is the oldest, at two and their baby Benjamin is only a couple of months old. I had the chance to hold him for an hour or so last week and he is the sweetest little chubby cheeked baby, even when he is cranky. His big brother Alex is a firecracker. He is independent and opinionated and he knows what he wants and isn't afraid to go for it. He is a lot of fun. Isaac and Alex are best buds these days, which is pretty impressive for two two-year-olds. They run around in circles, climb on the couches and make each other laugh and laugh.
Mimi took this photo for us (and added the cool border and text) at Eve's birthday party, which I will post more photos of later. Thank you Meem! And here is a photo of our family as an extra bonus.

1 comment:
The pics are great aren't they. Thanks again for feeding us all it was a great party.
Post a Comment