Friday, October 31, 2008

Three weeks to go!

I decided to get a few pregnancy shots this time around and I definitely don't regret it. I was a bit surprised at how my tummy resembles a perfectly round, white beach ball but who can deny what a miracle pregnancy is? I can hardly believe my body is capable of it all! I am looking forward to meeting my little girl and the entire experience of giving birth. I have transferred my care from OB/GYN to midwife and have felt a sense if peace ever since. It is an entirely different experience. I actually have a relationship with my midwife! I know this topic can be controversial and I know that midwives aren't for everyone but I encourage all expecting moms to look into the option. Maybe even watch the documentary The Business of Being Born. Dillon was really aprehensive at first and watching that film answered a lot of questions for him.
Anyway, baby girl looks like she might not be as big as her brothers were at birth, which I am happy about. she moves around A LOT. I'm talking complete turns and flips. I'll feel her little back in one spot and then a moment later its little knees and feet. I am feeling good, only extrememly tired, as has been my most prevenant symptom this entire pregnancy. A little heartburn and some practice contractions are pretty easy to deal with when the end is in sight.
Eli has packed baby girls bag for when I go to deliver her at the Birthing Center in Tacoma. In fact, I had to hide it because he kept unpacking and repacking it enthusiastically. I currently have about twelve baby hats, seven pairs of socks, five blankets, several matchbox cars, and diapers of several sizes all in a jumbled heap. I'm just glad he is excited and wanting to help. Isaac doesn't have a clue that he is about to get bumped for his baby status and hopefully it will go well with him. I do, however, call eveyone in the family "baby," including Dillon, so maybe it won't be such a big deal at all.

5 comments:

John Boy said...

We are soooooo excited for you. Cant wait to see a girl version of you two. Love the baby girls.

Shila said...

Man your belly is beautiful! You are right it is a perfectly round circle! Good luck to you guys in the up comming days! Who is taking the boys? Let me know if you need me.

grandpa vern said...

If it weren't for all you pregnant ladies I'd have the biggest belly in thwe family. Thanks. You sure are a pretty pregnant lady. We can't wait to meet our new granddaughter!!

Beth said...

Anne, I love your pictures. I am so excited to meet baby girl Eugenio.

Tammy and Chris said...

I am soo excited for you guys. Having a little girl is so much fun. I have a gift for her. It is getting close, isn't it??