Friday, February 13, 2009

Sorry, No Photos.

Living the technology filled lifestyle that we all lead, there are a few items that, once lost, tie your hands and are a PAIN to replace. I for instance, have lost the cord that transfers photos from my camera to my computer. So, I cannot post any pictures of my beautiful baby girl on her blessing dress, of my joyous visit with Mimi and Mia, of the Valentines Day sugar cookies we made, or of the Eli's proud moment when he held his little sister without any help for the first time. Most people check blogs and scan the photos and move on. A post of pure text will probably get passed over fairly quickly but hey, I'm in the mood to blog and will not be stopped.

We blessed little Eve in my sister's ward in Maple Valley along with her son Gavin who was born just after the new year. Dillon gave an inspiring blessing and I am so grateful that he holds and honors his priesthood. I was also happy that so many of our family members came out to a 9:00 am service after an hour of driving (for most of them) to attend services of a religion half of them don't belong to. I suppose they all know how close the church is to our hearts and to who we are and because they love us and our children, they try to be there for those special times. It was a wonderful day and Eve only pooped all over her dress AFTERwards so I would say everything went perfectly.

Most of you have been following the story of my niece, Mia, who had a heart transplant in November. She can't be around any babies or children and so it had been over two months since I had seen her (my nursing baby kept me away). Well, I finally got over to visit last week and words can't describe nor pictures do justice to the change in her. I have never had such spontaneous joy in my heart as when I saw her huge smile, her plump, pink legs, felt her strength as she sat up, and heard her little voice, so long silenced by a breathing tube. The last time I had seen her she was hooked up to more tubes and monitors then you would have thought possible on such a tiny body. Now looking at her its as if the pain and suffering I saw in her are just melting away. She truly does have an angel heart. Pain and sorrow are a part of this life and Mia reminds me of the beautiful mornings that follow all dark nights. I have to say that Mia isn't the only one I was happy to see. I have missed Mimi and loved the chance to sit and chat with her. I have much to learn from her after having gone through this experience. I love you Mimi. Oh and I love my bro John too but he wasn't there that night.. he he...

The last little but of blogging I will do is going to be completely unrelated to previous topics. I want to recommend two films to all of you are interested in something that goes beyond Hollywood bling now and then. Once and The Namesake. Put them on your Netflix cue, that's all I'm going to say. (For all my Mormon friends, Once is rated R for some language, but its spoken in Irish and Czech accents so it's not the same, Just kidding, but thought you should know)

To all of you who have made it to the end of this blog, wow, you must really like me. Leave a comment so I know who you are. I'll leave a Valentine's cookie out to the little elf who steals remotes and cords, (kids shoes and puzzle pieces) and maybe he will return my camera cord and I can post some pictures next time.

8 comments:

natalie said...

I DO really like you Anne...(and, for the record, I usually read all the words. I must be wierd). It was actually quite refreshing to get a little more of "you." Happy Valentine's day...

angela said...

i've been following mimi's blog and forgot how i'd even found it, so i'm glad to know it was through you! if you don't find your cord, i know you can buy a card reader (it plugs into your computer via usb) that lets you just take the memory card out of your camera and stick it in that to download photos... but persevere, your cord can't be TOO far, right? :)

Rebecca Pierce said...

I like you too! I have been looking everywhere for my camera cord too...I know Chris knows where it is, but he hasn't called me back and I'm staying home from church with the kids (which he doesn't know because he isn't anwering his phone and left before they got up). anyway, your words about Mia's change were beautiuful and I ate them up. It is amazing the change, what a miracle to be aware of her situation. Since her diagnosis, I feel like I see organ donation awareness stuff EVERYWHERE, and I was hardly aware of it before.

Congrats on the baby's blessing, I want to see pics of the dress!

Shila said...

Hey there, I had a great time with you and your little ones the other day. It is so nice to have that in common with you. We all get cabin fever sometimes and I am glad to spend a day here or there with you, (cause I get cabin fever too!)

Mimi said...

Beeeeebs!! I am glad I have sisters to see Mia through my eyes. She is my little miracle! Thank you thank you for coming over to visit! Please come anytime... how's tomorrow? ;-)

Oh, I have a spare cord if you need it- if it is the same one.

The Elam's said...

Photo's or no photos...it's always nice to see what you have to say and to see what's going on in the Eugenio household!

John Boy said...

Loved it. Thanks for coming to visit!

Beth said...

Anne, can I say that I just love you to pieces. I miss you. Being busy moms is hard to get out and just hang out with your favorite people. It is okay that you don't have pictures, I love reading what you had to say. You write so well. I am impressed that you made Eve's blessing dress. I am jealous that you were able to visit Mimi and Mia. I need to do that. I have already added The Namesake to my queue, thanks. Love you lots.