
The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. I love the good weather, BBQs, America, and all of the things that mean the fourth. But mostly I love fireworks. I feel like a kid again when I get a punk in my hand and a little stack of fireworks to burn. It doesn't matter if they are artillery shells, snakes, or smoke bombs. I love it all.
We spent the actual Fourth at my Dad's house and when it was dark we went out on his boat on Lake Steilacom to watch all the rich people burn their money away. Seriously, some of those people must have spent ten thousand dollars or more on fireworks but it was beautiful, and free to us. With fireworks on every side refelctng on the water it was breathtaking. The best firework show I have ever seen.
The next day we went to my Mom's for the traditional melee that I love. Its a firework free for all. We have a few rules but for the most part its just people running around holding punks in the haze of smoke listening for the regular shouts of "watch out" "back up" or "run away." Even little Eli lit a firework all by himself. Unfortunately the parachute inside ended up on the roof but he was ok with that. Amazingly, Isaac went to sleep at around seven and slept through it all. Here's a shot of him holding a sparkler (maybe next year we will actually light it for him).
No comments:
Post a Comment