Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Life is Good


I’m not a blogger but since I’m in a reflective/ cathartic mood I thought would share a quick list of some of my favorite things. Here’s a top ten list in no particular order:

10. Coming home from work and hearing Eli say, “Daddy!” and Isaac tugging at my pant leg to be picked up and seeing Anne cook.

9. Waking up at 4:00am to go to work and finding that Eli somehow crawled into bed with us at some ungodly hour without me noticing.

8. Sitting on the couch after the kids have been tucked in for the night and talking to Anne about our sundry list of the day’s stresses.

7. Sleeping on the Sounder train to and from work knowing that I would otherwise be driving.

6. Saturdays when nothing is planned.

5. Although I’m a horrible friend and don’t keep up with high school friends, I love visiting MySpace and seeing people that have meant so much to me having grown to be happy parents and people finding their way in life.

4. Holding Isaac upside down by his feet and tickling his tummy (he has a deep guttural chuckle).

3. Getting older day by day with Anne and better understanding what life is truly about.

2. Eating dinner with my family at the table every night.

1. Those moments when I look at Anne and I see how different we are from when we first met and how similar we’ve become through the years. This happens more often than one would suspect…

Things won’t ever be perfect but there’s no doubt about it - life is good.

*The picture was taken our senior year of high school. We conned school the photographer into taking our picture free-of-charge for helping him with the junior and sophomore class pictures for the yearbook. Little did he know we were simply looking for a way out of class to spend some time together. I don’t think that I look any different now then in high school – maybe that’s why I still get carded at the movies…


2 comments:

Shila said...

You guys! Look exactly the same! Except for the hairdoo and accessories, man time has stood still for you both! Love number 6 on the list, rare!

Rebecca Pierce said...

What a sweet post! Love the daddy perspective.