Thursday, February 28, 2008

Isaac tidbits


My little Isaac. The look he is giving in this picture reflects a part of his personality I love: a little reserved, patient, and always paying attention. A sweet little sideways glance. Honestly, most of the time he presents himself as a rough and tough little wiggle worm. This photo was taken when he was seven months old. He is now ten months old, crawling, clapping enthusiastically, and he even stood on his own for about four seconds. Thanks to Grandma Conway. The best thing, though, is that little "Howie" is now sleeping through the night. All parents know what a blessing that is.
He has always been good at falling to sleep on his own, he just liked to do most of his nursing at night which was hard on Mommy! But I finally had had enough and let him cry it out. The time was right and now I just need to retrain myself to sleep a solid eight hours without waking up to listen for baby. A few more cute details--when Isaac falls asleep, he plays with the hair on the top of his head, pulling it through his fingers. Also, Isaac hates to be fed from a spoon, especially if its baby food. He keeps me on my toes, constantly demanding carrot sticks and tortilla chips. Dangerous! He is a do-it-myself kid already. And none of that baby stuff if you please!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I feel I have so much in common with this blog in regards to the sleep issue. Can you tell me how you did the "fellow blogging friends"? Thanx