Monday, May 2, 2011

Chess in the Sun

The sun came out this weekend!  Look carefully and you can see the cherry tree over my boys beginning to bloom.  When I first bought the house, I thought that tree would be a nuisance hanging over our porch like that, but it is worth it just for these few weeks when I have cherry blossoms right outside my glass doors.  We have been teaching Eli chess and he really actually loves it, understands the rules, how to move the pieces, and even a little strategy.  I am so impressed. In this pic he is teaching Isaac though I didn't stick around to see how the lesson went.  I was busy preparing for a Luke's baby blessing.  More on that later.

1 comment:

Heather and Tim said...

What a sweet, whimsical picture...I could almost see this in sepia on a greeting card!
Did you see that I figured out the problem with my blog? I just needed to switch to the updated version...so proud of myself for figuring that out! That soulds silly, but hey, I celebrate all life's small miracles! :)