Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Best Kind of News, and, An Odd Tradition

Yep, our hens are finally laying eggs. This is good news, but not the best kind of news. I've got a different kind of egg in my basket...

That's right folks, number four is on the way! Wooo-hooo! Give it up for the Eugenio's and their efforts to populate the world with adorable babies. We will be welcoming the little guy (or girl) mid-January. I am three months along and enjoying a slacking off of miserable early pregnancy woes and anticipating those first baby kicks. We are compiling our list of names for people, especially grandparents, to grimace at and, who knows, maybe this time we will go through with one of them. Maybe this will be little Zephyr or Lincoln or Atticus or.... some other name we haven't thought of yet. But if we follow our current trend we will have to use on Old Testament name that starts with a vowel. Not so easy. We may end up with a little Orpah or Obediah. Just kidding folks. But anyway...

So I thought I would post photos of each of the four times I have found out I was pregnant simply because we started the strange tradition and it's kind of interesting. I realize that not one of these photos is flattering, (perhaps that is why I did not lead with them), but real life moments rarely are, wouldn't you say?

I think these photos are interesting in a historical sense, too. Home pregnancy tests. There may be a reader or two who squirms that I am holding up a picture of what a good friend of mine lovingly refers to as a "pee stick." I'll bet our daughters will just have to breath on something, or rub a test strip on their foreheads. Who knows?

So this is 2004 when we lived in Utah. I found out I was pregnant with Eli and was ecstatic. Dillon went into a kind of shock from which he did not fully recover until after Eli was born.


This is pregnancy test number 2. As you can see, Eli is a thriving little chunky man at this point. This was on my birthday, August 18, 2006. We celebrated with Thai food take out. A great day. Both Dillon and I felt happy and ready.


Pregnancy number 3, March 2008. Surprise! We were living in our little duplex in Puyallup. I was happy, at first, then terrified because Isaac wasn't even one yet! And three, as we all know, is a lot bigger than 2 when it comes to children.




And here we are in May 2010. I had an extra test laying around from years before and just decided to take it. Why not? my period was a few minutes late. Another surprise, but this time, no terror. It immediately felt right. And it also immediately felt like the last one. (Though we reserve the right to change our minds) What a wonderful thing it is, knowing that soon our entire family will be here together. I can't wait to meet the little sweetie.

So there you have it. I am officially announcing it to the world, or to the 20 readers or so who frequent my page. Same diff!





10 comments:

Tammy and Chris said...

YAY!!! Congratulations to you and your family!!

angela said...

Congrats! That's very exciting. :)

Jilly Bean said...

Congratulations!!! It's fun to read your pee stick history. :) I hope you're feeling well. Best of luck!

haley said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful!

Shila said...

wowee! Just adding to the Conway/McDonald population! I love how you have each one documented in a photo and the stories as well. What a great way to remember each special one. Congrats! Would be cool if this one had your blue eyes!

Mimi said...

Yahoo!! I am so happy and excited! I have a feeling that you will name her (cause it's a girl) Hero. John will be so happy! He can pretend it's his daughter too- oh wait, that's creepy.

Anyway,

so happy for you guys!!

JenW said...

congratulations! you'll have to fill me in on four...your kids are ADORABLE so more power to ya!

Beth said...

You make me laugh. I love the pictures. Congrats! 4 is fun! I am excited for you guys. You and Dillon are raising wonderful children. You should have more than 4 because you guys are so amazing. Tee hee!

John Boy said...

Happy for you guys. Your chillins are all so cute. For real though. Hero. You are my last hope to use that name...

Rebecca Pierce said...

That's so great you have a pic from each of your tests...and that you have been blessed with a baby each time you had a positive test! I don't have any pics like that...might have to take one the fourth time. Congrats, of course.