Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Tired Outlaw


Dress-up is so much more fun for boys. Any dad who reads that will probably cringe, especially Dillon, but hear me out. On any given day Eli and Isaac can choose to be knights, pirates, space men, builders, frogs, firemen, monkeys, and the latest addition to their wardrobe and prop collection: Cowboys. What do little the little girls dress up as? Princesses. Birthday Theme? Princesses. Halloween costume? Princesses. Yes, it's cute, very, very cute. But I think I will be encouraging the tom boy in little Eve. Thought I would throw this pic in, just for equal representation's sake. It ties in to my dress-up topic, though. That's Eli under the blue blanket, pretending he is a catapiller. Oh and i know, all of you with daughters are going to deny the princess domination, and yes I did exagerate. But really, not THAT much.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

That is one sleepy outlaw! Dress up is fun for boys! it's true.

Girls have more accessories to go with the "pretty pretty" theme- polish, jewelry, make-up, wigs, etc. But as far as different characters- boys take the cake!

Jackie said...

I, too, have a boy who likes to play dress up, but he includes princesses in his wardrobe. Shh! Don't tell!

Beth said...

Love the dress up photo, well both of them. Anne, I know I say this all of the time, but I you put feelings and emotions so beautifully into words. I loved your post about you and Dillon getting away. I am glad you could do that. We would really love to watch Eli again. He was a delightful kiddo.