Friday, March 14, 2008

CHICKEN POX!

I know, I can't believe it. I always kind of assumed that chicken pox was a disease that moms of other generations told stories about and that my kids would never get it. Wrong! So far Isaac is doing well. He is a little trooper and hardly complains. Eli has had the vaccine and so he will be all right. It is so hard to see the little blisters all over and not be able to help him out. We'll just cross our fingers that it won't get any worse before the week is out!

2 comments:

Sandra Dubreuil said...

Best of luck taking care of those chicken pox!! I couldn't believe it until I saw the pics!

Rebecca Pierce said...

Looks like a really mild case! We went into hibernation from the pox on February 28th, and we are still in! Ruby was well by March 4th, but it takes 9-21 days to incubate, so we have been keeping Alice home. Pretty much. I wonder if you got it at the Y like we did. Ruby wouldn't have been contagious the Sunday before she broke out, but there were a handful of kids who all reported to the Y the same day as we did, and we definitely exposed people at the Y on the 28th, as they were there for 2 hours and when we got home, the spots were already raging. Anyway, by this coming Thurs. I hope Alice doesn't have them and we can assume she's immune and move on with life!